You probably know how important it is to get one of these lovable, floppy-eared companions from a trustworthy source – so do I, and that’s why I’ve taken the time to carefully handpick the most trusted Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders in Arizona!
But I’m not just giving you names and addresses. Stick around to learn some essential tips on how to pick a breeder you can truly trust and make a choice you’ll be happy with for years to come.
Let’s find that perfect pup together!
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breeders in Arizona
- Kolaci Cavaliers
- Spoiled Spaniels
- Sunburst Cavaliers
- Rockcreek Cavaliers
- Cambryce Cavaliers
About: Situated in Northern Arizona, Kolaci Cavaliers is operated by Sue and Kim, a mother-daughter team. While the pair has achieved recognition in the show ring, including producing several Champions and two Grand Champions, their primary focus is on breeding Cavaliers that meet specific health and structural standards.
The breeder emphasizes that all their adult dogs undergo yearly evaluations by board-certified cardiologists and ophthalmologists. Additional tests for conditions like dry eye, curly coat, and episodic falling are conducted, and annual patella checks are performed by a veterinarian.
Kolaci Cavaliers holds memberships in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club (CKCSC), Cavaliers of the West, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of Central Arizona, and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of Southern California. Both adult dogs and puppies are dual-registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club (CKCSC).
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Website: Kolaci Cavaliers
- Social Media: Kolaci Cavaliers Facebook
- Phone: 619-405-0173 & 619-843-4008
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Spoiled Spaniels is a Queen Creek, Arizona-based hobby breeder specializing in Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies. Nestled at the foothills of the Superstition Mountains, their location provides an idyllic setting for raising dogs. The breeder emphasizes a nurturing environment and proper socialization for their dogs from the moment they are born.
Spoiled Spaniels assures that they prioritize comprehensive health testing for their breeding dogs, including heart, eye, patella, and hip screenings (OFA, CERF). DNA testing for curly coat, dry eye, and episodic falling syndrome. As for puppies, they receive a range of initial care including vet checks, vaccinations, and worming. Puppies are also started on crate training and come with a health guarantee, AKC paperwork, and parental health clearances.
For those looking for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for sale in Arizona, Spoiled Spaniels aims to be a trusted source adhering to health standards. The breeder produces two to three litters annually and offers a waiting list for those interested in future litters. Each puppy comes with a booklet containing tips, product recommendations, and information, along with lifetime support.
- Location: Queen Creek, AZ
- Website: Spoiled Spaniels
- Social Media: Spoiled Spaniels Facebook
- Phone: 480-359-0931
- Email: email@example.com
About: Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sunburst Cavaliers has been dedicated to the responsible breeding of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels since 2004. Situated in Sunburst Farms, the breeder provides a spacious environment for their dogs.
Sunburst Cavaliers prioritizes health, temperament, and conformation, with only one or two litters produced annually. The breeder asserts that while their main aim is to produce their next show puppy, they occasionally make puppies available to approved homes.
Sunburst Cavaliers emphasizes comprehensive health screenings for their breeding dogs, which include checks for hearts, hips, patellas, and eyes (CERF) before breeding. As for the puppies, they come with limited AKC registration and a spay/neuter contract. The puppies are also vet-checked and are up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Website: Sunburst Cavaliers
- Social Media: N/A
- Phone: 623-910-6579
- Email: N/A
About: Helmed by Judi, Rockcreek Cavaliers is an AKC Breeder of Merit that brings both extensive experience and expertise in raising and showing animals, from Appaloosa show horses to llamas. In the late 1990s, the breeder transitioned from a farm setting to a less rural environment and subsequently delved into the realm of Cavalier breeding.
Judi’s initial fascination with Cavaliers was sparked shortly after she first met these captivating canines. She was convinced that her next pet would be a Cavalier, a breed she describes as the most affectionate she has ever owned. This was a significant departure from her past experiences with Australian Cattle Dogs and a Golden Retriever.
Their blend of extensive animal-rearing experience and passion makes them a strong contender for anyone interested in adopting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in Arizona. To apply for a puppy, Rockcreek Cavaliers requires prospective owners to complete a questionnaire on their website.
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Website: Rockcreek Cavaliers
- Social Media: N/A
- Phone: 425-891-1028
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Cambryce Cavaliers is a small hobby breeder that offers a unique setting for their dogs, bordered by state land and in proximity to Catalina State Park. Along with the Cavaliers, the household is bustling with horses, a cat, and two active children, providing a well-rounded environment for the dogs and puppies.
Cambryce Cavaliers emphasizes that their objective is to breed Cavaliers that conform to the breed standard in both appearance and personality. They assert that traits like confidence, health, soundness, and lovely dispositions are equally important for companion homes as they are in the show ring. The breeder can often be found participating in AKC shows in Arizona, New Mexico, and California, as well as CKCSC-USA shows nationwide.
They strategically plan their litters to produce potential show prospects. Due to the competitive nature of showing Cavaliers, they sometimes have puppies available that may not be a perfect fit for the show ring but are ideal as pets.
- Location: Tucson, AZ
- Website: Cambryce Cavaliers
- Social Media: Cambryce Cavaliers Facebook
- Phone: 520-982-3600
- Email: email@example.com
Breeders from Bordering States:
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies For Sale in Utah
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies For Sale in California
How to Find a Trustworthy Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breeder in Arizona
Now, you may be wondering why conducting additional research when I’ve already provided you with a list of reputable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders in Arizona.
That’s a completely valid question. But the reason is simple: I haven’t personally adopted a puppy from any of these breeders.
The list is compiled based on my personal experiences with different breeders. Through these interactions, I’ve gained insights that have helped me determine which breeders are generally trustworthy.
Still, it’s crucial for you to conduct your own thorough research to ensure you’re fully confident in the breeder from whom you’ll be adopting your future family member.
If you’re not sure where to start, no worries! I’ve got your back. Keep reading, as I’ll share some super helpful tips on how to make sure you’re choosing a puppy from the right breeder.
Check Out Breeders Online
In this phase, let the web be your guide. The following steps can help you make the most out of online resources when you’re on the hunt for a trustworthy breeder.
- Browse Through Breeder Websites
Start by going through every breeder’s website. Search for details on their breeding methods, health screenings, the lineage of the dogs, nutrition plans, socialization protocols, and the conditions in which the dogs are nurtured. Trustworthy breeders will have (most) sections that cover these points in detail.
- Examine Their Social Media Accounts
If the breeder has profiles on platforms like Facebook or Instagram, don’t miss the opportunity to dig a little deeper. Is there video content showcasing their dogs and the environment they’re kept in? Also, take note of the way they engage with their online followers and community.
However, keep in mind that there are a lot of “old school” breeders who don’t use modern technologies, so a lack of social media accounts shouldn’t be your decisive factor, instead, consider it a plus.
- Explore Online Forums
Enter the name of the breeder along with terms like “Reddit” or “Quora” in a search engine and see what discussions pop up. Forums and dog breeding groups can provide unbiased views from people who’ve actually interacted with the breeder you’re considering.
- Reach Out to Previous Customers
Getting in touch with former buyers can also provide invaluable insights. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them. Did they have a satisfactory experience with the breeder and the overall process? How are their dogs doing in terms of health, temperament, and manners?
- Watch Out for Red Flags
Keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious, such as (many) comments or reviews, a lack of openness, or scant information. These could be indicators that something is not right.
Arrange a Visit to Meet the Breeder Personally
After you’ve done your preliminary research, it’s time to schedule an in-person visit to the breeder’s facility. This step is super important, and you shouldn’t miss it.
What to Observe During Your Visit
- Cleanliness and Space: Evaluate how clean and roomy the facility is.
- Human-Animal Interaction: Pay attention to how the caretakers interact with their animals. This will give you a sense of their care and empathy toward the dogs.
- Dog Behavior and Temperament: Take note of the temperament and behavior of both your potential puppy and its parent dogs. This can be a telling indicator of good breeding and socialization practices.
Questions to Ask When You’re There
Don’t hesitate to bring up any questions you may have. Here are some you might consider:
- How long have they been breeding Cavaliers?
- What’s the average number of litters they have each year?
- Do they register their dogs with the American Kennel Club (AKC)?
- When do they start training the puppies, and what methods do they use?
- What’s their strategy for socializing the puppies?
- What kind of health checks do the parent dogs go through?
- Can you meet the parent dogs during your visit?
- Do they offer a written health guarantee?
- Is there ongoing support after you’ve taken your new puppy home?
Questions You Should Expect
Remember, responsible breeders will likely have questions for you as well. They want to ensure that their puppies go to safe, loving environments. Be prepared to answer queries such as:
- Have you owned a dog before?
- What attracted you to this particular breed?
- What’s your living situation like? Do you live in an apartment or a house?
- Are there other pets or children in your home?
- How often would the dog be left alone?
Now let’s see what makes a breeder a good breeder.
Qualities of a Trustworthy Dog Breeder
When evaluating a breeder, many indicators can help you gauge their trustworthiness and professionalism. Below are some key signs to look for:
- Open Invitation for Visits: Trustworthy breeders are transparent about their practices and will encourage you to visit where the puppies are raised. Don’t fall for the “we don’t permit visits (for XYZ reasons), but we do ship puppies”.
- Affiliation with Reputable Clubs: When breeders have memberships with recognized Cavalier clubs, it speaks volumes about their commitment to professionalism and standards. Look for these affiliations as indicators of quality.
- Regular Health Screenings: Make sure to inquire about the frequency and type of veterinary check-ups and genetic tests for the breeding dogs. This routine care is essential for ensuring the puppies come from healthy parents and are free from hereditary issues.
- Home Over Kennels: Quality breeders raise their puppies in a home environment rather than in impersonal kennels. This generally means better socialization and a healthier mental state for the pups.
- Full Ancestral Information: Expect a detailed family history of the puppy you’re considering. Understanding the puppy’s lineage can offer insights into its future health and temperament.
- Quality over Quantity: Look for breeders who focus on the high standard of each litter rather than mass production. This dedication to quality is a sign of a breeder who cares deeply about the dogs and is not doing it primarily for the money.
- Written Guarantees: A written health guarantee should accompany every puppy. This provides an added layer of security and peace of mind for you as the new owner.
- Well-rounded Puppy Care: Find breeders who not only ensure the puppies are physically healthy but also well-mannered and sociable. This reflects a holistic approach to their care and expertise in their breeding practices.
- Expertise in the Breed: The breeder should be well-versed in all aspects of the breed, from specific characteristics to health considerations. Good dog breeders are like human encyclopedias.
How Much Do Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies Cost in Arizona?
The price of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy may differ significantly from breeder to breeder. There are several factors that come into play, such as color pattern, pedigree, lineage, current supply and demand, and the breeder’s reputation.
You can generally expect to invest between $2,000 and $4,800 for a puppy from a reliable source. If the parents of the puppy have championship titles, you could be looking at an even higher cost.
Furthermore, as someone looking to become a Cavalier owner, it’s important to keep in mind ongoing monthly costs. These can encompass everything from pet food and toys to insurance and veterinary appointments, with monthly expenses ranging from $80 to $200.
And there you have it. With this, we conclude our list of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders in Arizona.
Bringing a Cavalier into your home is not simply adding a pet; it’s welcoming a new family member, and such a choice should not be made hastily. Therefore, engage with reputable breeders, inquire thoroughly, gather suggestions and feedback, and evaluate every possible choice before making a decision.
Good luck in finding your dream Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
Are you a Cavalier breeder based in Arizona but not on the list? Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org