How big is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? As the largest breed in the Toy category, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels typically stand from 12 to 13 inches at the shoulder and weigh 13 to 20 pounds as adult dogs.
At 12 weeks old, Bentley weighed 4 pounds and stood with all fours on my outstretched palm! Puppy or adult – Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are the perfect size!
- They are the perfect size to curl up on your lap. (Just try that with a Labrador Retriever!)
- The King Charles Cavalier is small enough that their tails won’t brush glasses of red wine off the coffee table onto your carpet! Most of the time, their noses can just barely reach up to the table height, so your canapés are usually safe from being snatched by your pet!
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are great travelers and fit easily into travel crates and doggie car seats. They are light enough to carry comfortably to the vet’s office or through an airport.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are easy to pick up – whether you need to quickly get them out of reach of other dogs in the neighborhood, or just give them a kiss and a snuggle.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies in the early stages of their training can be known to jump up on people and pull at their leashes. But at their diminutive size, you don’t have to worry about them knocking anyone over or pulling you anywhere you don’t want to go.
- Your Cavalier’s crate or dog bed won’t take up too much space in the house. Crafty pet owners have been known to house their Cavalier King Charles Spaniels beneath lamp tables, under the stairs, or just about any cosy spot.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are the perfect size to take a bath in the kitchen sink. A few squirts with the spray hose and they’re good as new!
- The Cavalier’s small size makes them a great option for apartment dwellers or families with limited space.